So...instead of put in many posts on every aspect of shading this little beastie I spent some time this afternoon and did the rest of the shading portion to the best of my ability. I think it has turned out really well for my first time and is starting to look really good in comparison to all my previous models.
A couple of points that I discovered, it is a lot easier to apply shading to light colors because it shows up really well. The challenge becomes blending the darker shade back in. On the flip side...shading a dark color is harder because you really have to get a shade that is dark enough to show, on the other hand it blends back in a lot easier...those are my thoughts at this point anyway.
I have to keep reminding myself that this is my first attempt and that people have been painting these models for years and still work at perfecting this aspect of their painting...
So without further discussion...here is my little Bile Thrall all grown up er I mean shaded...highlighting will probably begin this week.