Sunday, September 6, 2009

Skarlock the Mamlock...

Yeah...X-Men reference...raising my nerd quotient even higher...lol! That's okay if you're a gamer and a comic book fan you're bound to have a nerd quotient of some kind...and who really gives a fuck!?! I love it....

As I reference in my last post, the painting is getting easier...I started my Skarlock today, it was really hard to pick out the color pallet but once I did it was all steam ahead.

Now he isn't finished yet but.....that's okay, he's painted enough that I could use him in a game and I think the detail on this model is as good or better then Denegrah...the difference is that it took me less than a day to get to were he is now...so practice makes perfect and that makes the game better.

Quick recap...I was crapping my pants about a month ago trying to figure out how I was going to finish my Helljack...nevermind my entire battle group! Now I say bring it on! I am having fun and getting really creative with my shadows and highlights...and that is before I have done the inkwashes....

Here is my Skarlock that I started this afternoon...I hope the picture does it justice because I absolutely love it!

My next post will be about the Khador battle group...I bought it for my 10 year old son, he has managed to maintain a high level of interest and engagement in the whole Warmachine game and the painting/building of the models....he is doing a really good job, for a 10 year old, and is about half done his first Khador Jack...awww what the hell...here are the pictures of that as well!

Happy gaming everyone!!!


2 comments:

  1. why are you making the boy paint his with crayons?

    i have to get that in there before he surpasses us....

    i like denegrah's flowing clothing, it looks neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...it does look like crayons...he is actually doing a good job but I did comment to him that it was probably the most colorful Khadoran Warjack in history...

    ReplyDelete